Fundraising & Development Coordinator
Join the team at the Halton Waldorf School as our new Fundraising & Development Coordinator. In this part time position (60%), the Coordinator supports the overall advancement and development activities of the school. The Development Coordinator will establish, lead and manage the school’s development activities. The school is poised for growth, and this position offers a strong opportunity for a development professional who can direct a major campaign.
The Fundraising & Development Coordinator reports to the Administrator and works closely with the Board of Trustees and Promotions Coordinator. Fundraising events are coordinated with the PA chair, admin team and development committee. The Coordinator will also work with the admissions staff as a member of the Enrollment Team.
Essential Duties/Major Accountabilities:
The Fundraising & Development Coordinator’s responsibilities include the following:
- Provide vision, leadership, planning and management of a comprehensive development program which includes annual fund, alumni program, planned giving, prospect giving cultivation, and the development and execution of short and long term fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee the development and execution of a long-term capital campaign to support the High School campus.
- Oversee the preparation of all high quality development publications, including oversight of Annual Fund letters and brochures, Annual Report, development of campaign publications, stewardship materials, and any other materials relating to school fundraising.
- Responsible for all gift processing, reporting requirements, (Raiser’s Edge database or other), record maintenance, and related infrastructure that ensures appropriate and timely acknowledgment of donors.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external constituencies of the school, including parents, grandparents, friends, alumni, faculty, staff and the Board of Trustees. This would also include development-related networks beyond the immediate school community.
- Participation on relevant school committees, including an Alumni Committee and Enrollment Team.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Fundraising & Development Coordinator must have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of progressively more responsible fundraising experience.
- Experience in directly identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding of individuals for major gifts. Proven successful track record of soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Familiarity with multi-faceted campaign planning, implementation and management.
- Willingness to embrace the Halton Waldorf School and its pedagogical philosophy.
- Ability to deal effectively with and represent the school to a wide range of groups and individuals.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities, solve problems and demonstrate leadership skills within a team environment.
- Strong, detail-oriented organizational and planning skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
To apply or inquire about the position, please contact:
Halton Waldorf School
2193 Orchard Road
We will initiate interviews as soon as we receive qualified applicants.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will contact only those selected for an interview.
School Bus Driver Needed
The Halton Waldorf School seeks a reliable, friendly, safety conscious bus driver with excellent communication skills. If you enjoy driving and working with children, this could be the job for you. Bus driving experience is preferred but not required – we are most interested in hiring dependable, caring people, who like dealing with the public and helping children, who are committed to safety and who understand the importance of following the rules.
We provide friendly, free training for steady part-time school bus drivers.
Hours of Work:
- Approximately 6:50 AM to 8:30 AM and 3:15 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days, only (exact times vary depending on individual routes).
- In many cases, there is potential for optional/additional work such as field trips during the school year and the summer. Our school bus drivers are not required to work on weekends, evenings or school holidays. While additional work may be available, it is not mandatory.
As a part-time School Bus Driver, you will be expected to:
- Safely drive students to and from school, following a prescribed route, on a daily basis during the school year.
- Perform daily vehicle circle check safety inspections, documenting & reporting according to school & government regulations.
- Comply with all school regulations & policies.
- Communicate clearly and interact with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the general public in a courteous, professional manner.
To be considered for a part-time School Bus Driver position, you MUST:
- Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s license
- Be willing & able to successfully complete our training program. While professional experience may be helpful, it is not required, as we provide, professional training.
- Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver’s license for the province in which you are applying.
- Enjoy driving and working with children.
- Possess a very good driving record.
- Communicate clearly in English
- Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination.
- Undergo a criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks with satisfactory results.
- Not have a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Be safety-minded, courteous, and able to demonstrate an appreciation for the importance of customer service.
Compensation: $18-20 an hour
Please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Committee
Halton Waldorf School
Phone: 905-331-4387 Fax: 905-331-3231
Substitute ECE Teacher
We are seeking a registered ECE early childhood education teacher preferably with experience as a supply teacher. The position is for the 2017 – 2018 academic year and work times would be Monday to Friday mornings between 8:00 am to 6:00 pm – half and full days needed. The Halton Waldorf School has one preschool with 14 children and two kindergartens.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to the Recruitment and Selection Committee:
Halton Waldorf School
2193 Orchard Road, Burlington, L7L 7J8
High School Teachers
Halton Waldorf School is actively exploring the possibility of extending our program to include high school grades 9 to 12. We envision beginning with an initial grade 9 or a combined grade 9/10 class in September 2018.
At this time we are looking to connect with teachers who are interested in joining this initiative with the intention of becoming founding teachers, and to provide guidance and expertise as we shape this new endeavour.
Our school was founded in 1984, and is situated in Burlington, Ontario close to the vibrant, multi-cultural city of Toronto, beautiful conservation and nature areas, and several Waldorf Schools.
We invite you to connect with one of the members of our ‘High School Explorer Group’ to learn more about our school, the community and our hopes to offer a full Waldorf Education to young people in the Burlington area.
Please contact Siobhan Hughes, Administrator, at the Halton Waldorf School: firstname.lastname@example.org